Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getting rewarded with Mt Uhud in the city of Uhud

"Whoever follows a funeral procession and offers the prayer for the deceased, will get one qirat of reward. And whoever follows it and remains with it until the body is buried, will get two qirats of reward, the least of which is equal in weight to 'Mount Uhud' or he said 'one of them is like Uhud.' -Sahih Hadith


I attended a double-janazah in Houston today ,and the brother had lost both his father and grandmother within a couple of days. It reminded me of our mortality as all Janazahs are meant to do (even for hard-hearded souls like myself), but it also reminded me that the last Janazah I had attended prior to today was at the AlBaqiee cemetry in Madinah, and it brought tears to my eyes.

I remembered standing amongst the graves of the companions and the pious predecessors and making salams to them, and looking forward to a reunion in Jannah inshaallah.

In short it re-energized me to continue my blog on the Hajj experience,but this time I will jump ahead to talk on the unique experiences of praying Janazah in Makkah and Madinah and following the janazah to the Janat-ul-Mala cemetry in Makkah where our mother Khadijah was buried, and to the Baqiie cemetry in Madinah where lies Mount Uhud,which the Prophet used in his description of the reward for whoseover follows a Janazah.

Join me later today as I begin the narration again InshaAllah, and jazakallah khayran for all your emails and comments.

No comments: